When this blog first appeared in November, 1996 (indeed before the term blog was even invented) it served as an online extension of the author’s primary ministry, a ministry that had consisted of teaching a teen Sunday School class in a local church fellowship. The interested reader will find that the topical messages contained within the “Youth Studies” section of this site still maintain this original “youth group” orientation. The author has made little effort to update these studies as the task is too monumental to undertake in addition to his real world responsibilities. Although the messages on this site have taken on a more adult focus over the years, he trusts that readers of all ages will still find value in these older youth-oriented studies.
With regard to the author’s qualifications, he has no seminary, Bible College, or formal religious education of any kind. He holds no credentials other than his experience in communicating Biblical truths to 13-18 year-olds within local church fellowships over the past 30+ years. Beyond that, the author is nothing more than a vendor in the marketplace of ideas, displaying his wares for your consideration on the Internet each weekday morning. The author’s desire is to communicate the Scriptures in a manner that may be understood, remembered, and applied in daily life and he is hopeful that you will find something of spiritual and practical benefit here.
Statement Of Faith: This site holds to the following beliefs:
- That the Bible, consisting of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments comprising the totality of Scripture is the holy, inspired, infallible Word of God, equally in all parts and without error in its original text, that it is our source of revelation from God, superior to conscience and reason, though not contrary to reason; and is therefore the supreme, final, and authoritative standard of faith and practice
- That there is one eternal, sovereign, omnipotent, omniscient, wise, just, holy, infallible, loving, and immutable God who created all, upholds all, and governs all, who is eternally existent in three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son and that in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily form, that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and accept the following as actual, literal, historical truths: His virgin birth and sinless life, His miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension into heaven, His perpetual intercession for His people, and His sovereignty over all things.
- That the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead who seals, indwells, sanctifies, teaches, empowers, reveals, and guides God’s people into all truth and that He convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment and that the Holy Spirit gives gifts to whom He wills and that such gifts are to be exercised in accordance with the Scriptures.
- That humanity is created in the image of God, that all people are sinners by nature and choice and, therefore, are under condemnation following the fall of man as found in Genesis chapter three, that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely available by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord receive forgiveness of sins and become children of God, destined to spend eternity with Him.
Legal: The Doctor’s Office website and services are provided for communication purposes only. By using The Doctor’s Office website, you acknowledge and agree that The Doctor’s Office is not a medical website and does not dispense, promote, endorse, or convey medical or legal advice of any kind. No web page, email, or any other form of interaction associated with The Doctor’s Office should be construed as counseling, therapy, legal, or other form of professional advice of any kind. You further acknowledge and agree that your use of The Doctor’s Office website is solely at your own risk and that The Doctor’s Office, its officers, directors, and/or representatives do not assume responsibility or liability for your use of the website. The Doctor’s Office may occasionally post links to third-party websites or other services. You agree that The Doctor’s Office does not necessarily endorse all information available through such links and is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of your use of any third-party links from The Doctor’s Office website.
For attribution: If you find the material on this site useful and wish to attribute it, please reference Ed Urzi, <Message Title> <Message URL> Please use an embedded hyperlink if citing online.